- All business undertaken by J.A.B Design shall be subject to these conditions. These conditions shall be incorporated in the contract to the exclusion of any terms or conditions stipulated or referred to by the client. By payment of deposit clients are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
- Copyright’s of all drawings will remain the property of A.B Design.
- The remaining balance must be paid within 14 days upon the completion of drawings from J.A.B Design. Drawings will not be submitted to building control or planning until the outstanding balance is paid.
- If clients wish to pursue a design option that J.A.B Design has advised would be unlikely to gain planning permission then we reserve the right to charge an additional fee for a re-submission and re-design of the project.
- A.B Design is not responsible in any way for services recommended by them involving a third party company or service.
- 6. Additional fees will be incurred when –
- TheClient instructs J.A.B Design to resubmit an alternative design of an already passed proposal.
B. Additional work is requested by the client that is not detailed in the original quote.
C. A re-design once planning has been submitted that are not specified by the local planning authority.
D. A 15% Surcharge will be added to the overall fee for Clients using Local Authority Building Control.
- Plans may be altered due to structural changes made by 3rd
- Client’s choosing to use their local authority building control must not commence work until the plan check has been approved.
- It shall be the responsibility of the client to ensure that all requirements applicable in this contract, whether statutory, regulatory, municipal and for otherwise howsoever are duly complied with.
10.Where initial drawings are quoted payment is due 14 days following the first draft of drawings. Any amendments will be completed within the 14 day period, unless otherwise agreed by both parties.
Advisory to Clients: Do not carry out any building work without full building regulations approval, any works carried out prior to this will be at the risk of the builder & property owner.
Party wall act 1996
A notice of intention to work must be given to all the affected neighbours if the work involves: Work on an existing wall shared with another property * Building on the boundary with another property * Excavating near a neighbouring building.
Full details of the proposal are to be made available to the neighbours & a clear statement of notice under the party wall act (1996) be served 2 months before the planned date of works.
Note: Boundary ownerships and their exact locations are the responsibility of the client and are to be determined / agreed with the contractor / neighbours prior to the commencement of any building works and are not the responsibility of the authors of this drawing. No dimensions are to be scaled from the drawings only exact dimensions are to be taken; any discrepancies are to be flagged up to the designer immediately.